25 Oct 6 Tips for Smart Online Shopping
Is your Surface Pro fighting for its last breath? Or maybe your GPS has finally seen all the places it wanted to see. Hopefully, you’re a proud ‘Waranteer’ and you’ll be able to easily fix your product through your warranty service provider.
If those are no longer viable, or you just want to make smart decisions when purchasing a new product, we’ve got some great tips to help you get the most out of your shopping experience.
To make certain that you get the best bang for your buck, we came up with our own acronym to help you remember these tips for a fun and secure time researching products and shopping online!
Use of budget
- Scam-alert! When shopping online, there are many products that are fakes, scams, or duplicates. Products or sites that do not display known brands, may exist just so that they can steal financial and confidential information from potential buyers. Some of these sites look extremely attractive and legit, so be sure to look out for the red flags that can help indicate whether or not a product is real. Websites that don’t use https or SSL are examples of questionable origin. If a site does not have verifiable contact information, that’s a sign to take your business elsewhere. Legitimate contact information will have more than one method of contact- not just an email address or P.O. Box. Be sure to check out sites that have a substantial amount of customer reviews. Phony sites also attempt to attract shoppers using pop-up advertisements on the sides of your screen. Don’t take the bait!
- Warranties! Smart shopping includes investing in your purchases. If you want to buy something of worth, be sure that you’re guaranteed that Warranty! Different stores may have different warranty deals for the same exact product, so be sure to do your research and choose the warranty that fits your specific needs. Whether it’s about the amount of years that the warranty lasts, or the personalized service of fixing or replacing certain parts of your purchase, be sure that your warranty deal is good and strong. Finding your warranties when you need them handy can get a teed bit tricky, as we all tend to hold on to our many receipts, bills, and other papers. This is where Warranteer comes in. For the tech-savvy or for the new learners, Warranteer is extremely user friendly and allows you to activate your warranties with three easy steps! Simply download the Warranteer app and check it out. Those days of rummaging through piles of papers are over. You can now give your warranties a new home at Warranteer, where they will stay put until you need to use them.
- Comparing products can really help the search for the best deal, so be sure to look at all of your options before you finalize your order. Did you search all of those nooks and crannies for possible misleading information made to entice you? It’s possible that initially, the price seems low, (a bargain!) and then you suddenly realize that the shipping costs are hiked exponentially higher than the other brands for that product. You may also realize that the warranties or return policies do not exist, or they aren’t as good a deal as the more expensive brands. Compare those products and save yourself any future headaches.
- Budgets! When making responsible financial decisions, we hear that word thrown about here and there. Budgets help us keep check of our monetary habits, how to save and spend, and how to afford the things we want or need. Before purchasing a product, it’s important to know how much you are able or willing to spend, and then look for a product that meets your budget. (Coupons?)
- Reviews can go a long way to help you make smart shopping decisions. Oftentimes, we see a flashy ad that screams, “buy me!” and those of us who find ourselves compulsive or just really excited, must take the time to check out what other buyers have to say about it. Customer reviews can be very telling about the pros and cons of certain products, or to just better explain how the specifications of this brand’s product succeeded or failed to meet their expectations. Epinions.com, reviews.cnet.com, and rateitall.com, are just some of the sites that offer feedback from past customers. Remember: there are so many of the same products out there and ‘epinions’ of other shoppers can tell you whether this version or brand is indeed what you intend to buy.
- Ensuring the arrival of your product is just as important as buying it. Having the option to insure your shipment can go a long way if you are buying an expensive or delicate product. Make sure that you read the shipping policies before a purchase! If your package gets lost, stolen, or damaged en route, insurance goes a long way to ensure that you didn’t waste your money.
Shopping and spending money can be quite fun, but can also be a bit nerve wrecking. We all want to feel good about our purchases and to proudly tell our friends, families, neighbors, and even strangers, how content we are with our shopping deals. Most importantly, we all want to get the best out of the online shopping world and all that it has to offer. Be it with our wallets, our time, or our reputation as expert shoppers, using these tips as a guide will definitely expose you to a more positive and safe experience. Be sure to pass this acronym along, so that when you or your friends are about to spend some cash, you all can do so with confidence and a smile!